Sun, Nov 06|
Hot and Cool Cafe
Tobacco and Social Justice Spoken Word Contest
Presented by the African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council and American Heart Association
Date and location
Nov 06, 2022, 4:30 PM – 7:00 PM PST
Hot and Cool Cafe, 4331 Degnan Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90008, USA
Each participant must pre-register online. Slots are limited so register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot. Your piece does not have to be finished for you to register.
- Performers in the spoken word contest will be required to sign a media release form upon registration that allows us to record the event with audio and video equipment. Any entry may be used to educate our communities and publicize the social injustice of tobacco. We will not use your image or work for profit. Performers still own their works and can use them in any way they see fit.
- Winners will be expected to participate in media interviews or publicity generated from the event.
- Contestants must either be 18 years of age.
- Please refrain from using profanity in your performance but otherwise have at it!
- Each piece must be of the spoken word artist’s own creation and must be related to tobacco. You are encouraged to visit www.savingblacklives.org for more resources and facts about tobacco use to include in your piece.
- Spoken word artists must be respectful of the other participants in the contest.
- Each participant must show up on time to the event.
- Only one spoken word piece per artist can be performed for the contest.
- Up to 5 minutes for each participant.