Thu, Jun 16|
Busboys and Poets
Tobacco and Social Justice Spoken Word Contest (Participants)
Presented by the African American Tobacco Control Leadership Council & Poet Life
Date and location
Jun 16, 2022, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Busboys and Poets, 625 Monroe St NE, Washington, DC 20017, USA
Each participant must pre-register online by May 20, 2022. Slots are limited so register as soon as possible to guarantee your spot. Your piece does not have to be finished for you to register.
- Performers in the spoken word contest will be required to sign a media release form upon registration that allows us to record the event with audio and video equipment. Any entry may be used to educate our communities and publicize the social injustice of tobacco. We will not use your image or work for profit. Performers still own their works and can use them in any way they see fit.
- Winners will be expected to participate in media interviews or publicity generated from the event.
- Contestants must either be 18 years of age.
- Please refrain from using profanity in your performance but otherwise have at it!
- Each piece must be of the spoken word artist’s own creation.
- Spoken word artists must be respectful of the other participants in the contest.
- Each participant must show up on time to the event at Busboys & Poets-Brookland (4:30 pm with the contest taking place from 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM).
- Only one spoken word piece per artist can be performed for the contest.
- Up to 5 minutes for each participant.